Bereavement Leave Process
Verification is required for approval of bereavement leave. This may include but not limited to, one of the following documents, which must be attached to your application for leave for special purposes with your supervisor’s signature of approval.
- Copy of death certificate
- Obituary column
- Certificate from funeral home
- Other (such as mass card, memorial card, announcements, funeral programs, rabbi letter, etc.)
Employees must provide proof for those relatives (outside of immediate family) that reside in their household, by providing one of the following documents:
- Any document issued by this state or county, city, or the federal government
- Vehicle Registration Card or title
- Voter Precinct Card
- Military Orders/Documents
- Utility bill or cable bill
- Housing lease or contract, mortgage statement, property or income tax statement
- Financial statement
- School records
Any other documents provided will be reviewed by the Office of Human Resource Services for consideration.