Employee Assistance Program
CCA@Your Service the CUNY Work/Life Program
CCA@YourService is a resource for practical, around-the-clock information and assistance to help you manage every daily life. From emotional health and wellness support to assistance with daily work/life concerns like dependent care and financial/legal challenges, CCA@YourService provides helpful resources.
Call 800-833-8707 or visit myccaonline.com and use company code CUNY.
The Subcommittee on Staff—part of the Taskforce for the Future—encourages staff members to take advantage of the virtual workshops offered by Corporate Counseling Associates (CCA). These workshops support and provide professional development for our staff in these difficult times.
Please check again soon for upcoming workshops.
On behalf of Baruch College, we would like to continue to thank our engaged, hardworking staff. Should you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the trial of Derek Chauvin, the former police officer accused in the death of George Floyd continues, people may experience a range of emotions and reactions, depending on the outcome. This can be a challenging time and we wanted to provide you with the resources you may need to manage the emotions that might surface.
- Rewire—”How to Manage Complicated Feelings During the Chauvin Trial”
- CNN—“Ask a Black Therapist: 5 Tips to Support Black Mental Health During the Derek Chauvin Trial”
- ABC News—”Mental Health Experts Warn Derek Chauvin Trial May Revive Feelings of Racial Trauma”
- Children’s Minnesota—”Tips for Parents During the Trial of Derek Chauvin for the Death of George Floyd”
Additional PDF Resources:
- Addressing the Issue of Racism with Your Black Children
- BIPOC Mental Health Resources
- Resources on self-care and coping with racial stress, and more information on the trial in Minneapolis
- Understanding and Dealing with Racial Trauma
For additional content on managing sensitive conversations about race, talking with children about racism, recovering from racial trauma, and how to support greater equity in society, please visit the Racial Equity and Trial Progress features within the News For You section on www.myccaonline.com (Company Code: CUNY). Remember that CCA@YourService can also be reached confidentially at 800-833-8707. Counsellors are standing by 24/7 to help you and your family members.
- DC-37 Personal Service Unit
- Resources for Elder and Adult Care
- Resources for Working Parents
- Stress Management Under COVID 19
- Wellness: Clean Living Webinar Presentation
- Wellness Corner
Clean Living Resources:
- Clean Eating – Food Rules by Michael Pollan
- Seasonal Eating: www.lifespa.com/ – search for ‘Seasonal Guide’
- Second Brain: Scientific American: ‘Gut Feelings’ May 2015 by Justin and Erica Sonnenburg & ‘Think Twice’ Feb 2010 by Adam Hadhazy
- Leaky Gut: Leo Galland 2011 – Huffington Post
- The Healthy Home by Dr. David and Myron Wentz
- Suggested Apps: breathe2relax, 10% Happier, headspace, CALM
- Skin Deep Guide to Cosmetics
- Guide to Healthy Cleaning
- Cosmetics Life Span
- Shelf Life for Foods