Paid Family Leave
New York State Paid Family Leave Benefits (PFL) are available for certain Staff Titles through Collective Bargaining Agreements. PFL is an employee-funded insurance policy that provides job protected, paid time-off to:
- Bond with a newly born, adopted or fostered child;
- Care for a family member with a serious health condition;
- Assist loved ones when a family member is deployed in a foreign country on active military service.
Eligible employees who work at Senior Colleges (on New York State Payroll) are covered under a Paid Family Leave Insurance Policy provided by the Standard.
Payroll deductions for this benefit will begin with the March 25, 2021 paycheck. This payroll deduction is mandatory for eligible employees and can only be waived in limited circumstances:
- If you work 20+ hours per week but will not work for 26 consecutive weeks
- If you work less than 20 hours per week but will not work 175 days in a year
For more information on the PFL benefits, eligibility, cost and how to file a claim, follow the links below for more information.
As of March 1, 2021, members of the Classified Staff in certain titles became eligible for Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits. Read the full staff announcement here.
For more information please see the following Statement of Rights and Notices:
Pursuant to bargaining between the City University of New York (CUNY) and the Professional Staff Congress (PSC) PFL benefits will be available for PSC members at Senior Colleges beginning March 8, 2021. Read the full announcement here.
Pursuant to bargaining between the City University of New York (CUNY) and the Professional Staff Congress (PSC) PFL benefits will be available for ECP and Classified Managerial Staff at Senior Colleges beginning March 1, 2022.
- 2022 Statement of Rights for Paid Family Leave
- Insurance Coverage Notice to Employees
- Waiver Notice
- Claim Form: Bonding with Children
- Claim Form: Care for Family Member
- Claim Form: Military