If you have any payroll related questions, please contact the Baruch Payroll team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and Forms
Unless noted otherwise, all forms should be returned to Human Resources.
- Federal Tax Form (W-4)
- State Certificate of Tax Withholding (IT-2104)
- State Certificate of Non-residence and Allocation of Withholding Tax (IT 2104.1) – for employees who do not reside in NY
- State Certificate of Exemption from Withholding (IT-2104E) – for any resident who wants to claim exemption from state/city tax. The criteria are listed on the form that must be met to qualify for exemption
- Paycheck Receipt
- Direct Deposit
- Request for Duplicate W-2
- Request for Pay Stubs
- Request for Replacement Check
- Exemption from Withholding on Compensation for Independent (and Certain Dependent) Personal Services of a Nonresident Alien Individual (8233) – This form is to be used by nonresident aliens only who want to claim exemption from federal and state/city taxes
- Payment Inquiry
- Employment Verification
- How to change your address on CUNYFirst
Full-Time Faculty Time Sheet
- Full-Time Faculty Time Sheet (one per department per month)
Full-Time – Time Keeping and Leave Management System
- Full-Time – Time Keeping Login (excluding faculty)
- User Guide to Submitting Time Sheets
- User Guide to Submitting Time Sheets (ECP employees only)
- Supervisor’s Guide
Part-Time – Time Keeping and Leave Management System
- Part-Time – Time Keeping Login (for college assistants, non-teaching adjuncts, and continuing education teachers)
- Employee Guide to Submitting Time Sheets
- Timekeepers and Supervisors Guide to Submitting/Confirming/Approving Time Sheets
Accessing HRAssist or PRAssist now requires you to be on campus, or to go through the College’s VPN. For instructions please visit VPN – Virtual Private Network and select Setup Instructions.
- To request to use time for annual, sick or unscheduled holidays, complete the classified staff application for leave.
- To request jury duty or bereavement leave, complete the application for leave for special purposes.
- Instructional staff requesting leave for personal emergencies of not more than 10 working days must complete an application for special leave for special purposes.
The holiday schedule contains the scheduled holidays, unscheduled holidays, and annual leave year periods provided by Board policy or by the various Union contracts, which may be subject to change. As you will see, all groups of employees have similar schedules, but they are not identical. Therefore, it is essential that you consult the chart to determine your exact grouping.
Employees are encouraged to use annual leave accruals during the annual leave period in which earned. Hours of work are those designated by the College or unit. They cannot be changed or amended without the approval of the President or his or her designee.
Holidays may fall on a Saturday or Sunday. For employees usually scheduled to work Monday through Friday, the schedule indicates when holidays are to be observed or provides for an unscheduled holiday.
For employees other than those in Section 220 titles, who are regularly scheduled to work Saturday and/or Sunday, the holiday is observed on the particular Saturday or Sunday in question.
For employees in Section 220 titles who are regularly scheduled to work Saturday and/or Sunday, the holiday is observed on the Monday or Friday indicated on the chart; if such employee is regularly scheduled to be off on the Monday or Friday in question, that employee is credited with a compensatory day. If an employee’s regular day off falls on both the observed and the actual holidays, the employee is credited with an unscheduled holiday (referred to as a compensatory day for employees in Section 220 titles).
DC-37 Prepaid Legal Fees Benefit affecting the 11/2 check
Go Paperless – New York State Payroll Online (NYSPO)
The Office of the New York State Comptroller recently implemented New York State Payroll Online (NYSPO), a service offered through NY.gov which allows employees on New York State payroll to access pay stubs, W-2s and other pay information electronically.
Beginning 9/17/21, CUNY employees on New York State payroll can request activation of their NY.gov accounts using the following path in CUNYfirst: Human Capital Management > Self Service > New York State Payroll Online
After employees formally submit requests in CUNYfirst, their NY.gov accounts are estimated to be activated within 15-20 business days. After accounts are officially activated, confirmations will be sent to employees’ primary business email addresses in CUNYfirst with additional instructions on how to verify their identities and to access NYSPO. Employees must verify their identities within NY.gov in order for NYSPO to be accessible within their NY.gov accounts.
Employees who create their NY.gov accounts outside of CUNYfirst will experience issues accessing NYSPO. Additionally, employees with existing NY.gov accounts for previous/other NYS organizations will need to request an additional NY.gov account via this process to view their CUNY-pay information.
Additional NYSPO resources and updates can be found here. Employees can follow the instructions on this webpage starting with Tab “1. Requesting NY.gov Account Activation” to begin the process.
PSC Salary Increases
CUNY is preparing for the PSC salary increases retroactive to November 15, 2020; the target pay date for these retroactive increases will be October 7, 2021 for New York State funded employees.
The retroactivity will cover the following PSC contractual increases:
- November 15, 2020 – two percent (2%) across the board
- January 1, 2021 – step increments will be increased to 11/15/20 rates
- July 1, 2021 – step increments will be increased to 11/15/20 rates
Additionally, the target pay date for the November 15, 2021 increases will be November 18, 2021 for New York State funded employees.
Go paperless with NYS Payroll Online: psonline.osc.ny.gov?
You may have seen the message, “Go paperless with NYS Payroll Online: psonline.osc.ny.gov” on your pay stubs. Currently, Go Paperless is not available to CUNY employees.
To be eligible, employees must be active in PayServ, employed with a NYS agency participating in NYS Payroll Online, and have a government issued NY.gov account associated with their employee ID.
CUNY is working with New York State Payroll Online but are still in the pilot stage of the process.
Accessing HRAssist from home now requires you to go through the College’s VPN
If you are accessing HRAssist – the College’s full time time and leave system from home – you are now required to go through the VPN (virtual private network). For set up instructions please visit VPN – Virtual Private Network and select Setup Instructions.
Note that employees accessing HRAssist from their office PC will not be required to go through the VPN.
Should you encounter any difficulties setting up your access through the VPN, please contact the BCTC Helpdesk.
New Payroll Deduction Codes – Effective 3/25/2021 Paycheck
A New York State payroll internal upgrade has changed the deduction codes, primarily for TIAA Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) members and those enrolled in a supplemental retirement plan, such as a tax-deferred annuity. The conversion will include moving the year-to-date deduction balance for the discontinued deduction to the corresponding new deduction.
|Retirement Plan||Previous Description||Current Description|
|TIAA Optional Retirement Plan||TIAA Retirement Before Tax||CUNY ORP Before Tax|
|TIAA Optional Retirement Plan (not vested)||TIAA Retirement Before Tax||CUNY ORP Suspense|
|TIAA TDA (pretax)||Supplemental Ret Ann CUNY||CUNY 403(b)|
|TIAA TDA (post-tax ROTH)||CUNY 403(b) Roth||CUNY 403(b)|
|TRS||NYT Retirement Before Tax||NYT Retirement Before Tax|
|TRS TDA||NYT Tax Deferred Annuity||NYT Tax Deferred Annuity|
|NYCERS||NYE Retirement Before Tax||NYE Retirement Before Tax|
The retirement and savings plans have not been affected. These changes are effective with the March 25 paycheck.